With the basic game dynamics working, I started to add animation to the assets. Blender's glTF exporter makes exporting animations to webGL relatively simple, but there were still plenty of Opportunities For Learning (OFL) to occur. :)
One challenge with working on a project part-time is the variation in the look and feel of the models created. I didn't have a good sense of whether I wanted the game to feel realistic or cartoony. I didn't know if I wanted something that felt modern or pseudo-historical. That generated a wide variation in the assets I created. But I finally found some reference images that were close to what I wanted, so I went back and started updating the assets, concentrating on keeping everything consistent.
When a family member moved to a different house, I decided to memorialize their old house with a 3-D model and associated visualization. It had been at least six months since I had done anything architecture-related and I was pleasantly surprised to find that both the Blender 2.8X update and associated Add-Ons continue to make the workflow better and faster!
This is the second in a series. You can start the series here. The series follows my journey figuring out how to use OpenFOAM for something more than repeating tutorials that already exist! Sometimes that journey gets a little rocky! :)