Rick's Blog

Dec
13
2015

Last Supper - Let There Be Hair - WIP - IOTM

The next step for my Last Supper project was to add hair to the models.   I have very little experience with modeling/rendering hair in Blender, so this step was also more involved than I originally anticipated.  My intent was to create a rough draft of the hair, with another iteration of styling/coloring once the near-final lighting for the scene is complete.  So, from that point of view, I was successful,  but I still think the current result looks like a toupee factory exploded. :)

Continue reading
  0 Comments
Oct
07
2015

Last Supper - Adding the Disciples - WIP - IOTM

I used MakeHuman to create Jesus and the disciples.  There was a small delay after installing MakeHuman, apparently due to a conflict with python libraries.  I found that if I ran MakeHuman with Administrator rights, I avoided whatever the problem was.  The learning curve was fairly steep but at the end I created a custom character, fully rigged and imported into blender in about 20 minutes.  Interestingly, with Blender set to imperial units, I needed to export the MakeHuman models with the units set to 'meters'.   Below is the current scene with bodies roughly positioned.  (CAUTION:  Partial Nudity - May not be appropriate for children under 53 years. ;) ).

Continue reading
  0 Comments

Rick's Blog

Dec
13
2015

Last Supper - Let There Be Hair - WIP - IOTM

The next step for my Last Supper project was to add hair to the models.   I have very little experience with modeling/rendering hair in Blender, so this step was also more involved than I originally anticipated.  My intent was to create a rough draft of the hair, with another iteration of styling/coloring once the near-final lighting for the scene is complete.  So, from that point of view, I was successful,  but I still think the current result looks like a toupee factory exploded. :)

Continue reading
  0 Comments
Oct
07
2015

Last Supper - Adding the Disciples - WIP - IOTM

I used MakeHuman to create Jesus and the disciples.  There was a small delay after installing MakeHuman, apparently due to a conflict with python libraries.  I found that if I ran MakeHuman with Administrator rights, I avoided whatever the problem was.  The learning curve was fairly steep but at the end I created a custom character, fully rigged and imported into blender in about 20 minutes.  Interestingly, with Blender set to imperial units, I needed to export the MakeHuman models with the units set to 'meters'.   Below is the current scene with bodies roughly positioned.  (CAUTION:  Partial Nudity - May not be appropriate for children under 53 years. ;) ).

Continue reading
  0 Comments