Rick's Blog

Dec
13
2015

Last Supper - Let There Be Hair - WIP - IOTM

The next step for my Last Supper project was to add hair to the models.   I have very little experience with modeling/rendering hair in Blender, so this step was also more involved than I originally anticipated.  My intent was to create a rough draft of the hair, with another iteration of styling/coloring once the near-final lighting for the scene is complete.  So, from that point of view, I was successful,  but I still think the current result looks like a toupee factory exploded. :)

Continue reading
  0 Comments
Oct
18
2015

Last Supper - Adding Clothes to the Disciples - WIP - IOTM

The good news about about having to scrap and rework everything you have just done is that, eventually, you get fairly quick at whatever you are doing.  In this case, I have gotten much quicker at creating a model in Makehuman, exporting/importing to Blender and posing. :)  This week, I was able to create initial clothing and re-pose each of the characters.  Some mistakes I made were part of the learning curve; others still have me scratching my head.  As someone once said, 'All movement is progress!'

Continue reading
  0 Comments
Oct
07
2015

Last Supper - Adding the Disciples - WIP - IOTM

I used MakeHuman to create Jesus and the disciples.  There was a small delay after installing MakeHuman, apparently due to a conflict with python libraries.  I found that if I ran MakeHuman with Administrator rights, I avoided whatever the problem was.  The learning curve was fairly steep but at the end I created a custom character, fully rigged and imported into blender in about 20 minutes.  Interestingly, with Blender set to imperial units, I needed to export the MakeHuman models with the units set to 'meters'.   Below is the current scene with bodies roughly positioned.  (CAUTION:  Partial Nudity - May not be appropriate for children under 53 years. ;) ).

Continue reading
  0 Comments

Rick's Blog

Dec
13
2015

Last Supper - Let There Be Hair - WIP - IOTM

The next step for my Last Supper project was to add hair to the models.   I have very little experience with modeling/rendering hair in Blender, so this step was also more involved than I originally anticipated.  My intent was to create a rough draft of the hair, with another iteration of styling/coloring once the near-final lighting for the scene is complete.  So, from that point of view, I was successful,  but I still think the current result looks like a toupee factory exploded. :)

Continue reading
  0 Comments
Oct
18
2015

Last Supper - Adding Clothes to the Disciples - WIP - IOTM

The good news about about having to scrap and rework everything you have just done is that, eventually, you get fairly quick at whatever you are doing.  In this case, I have gotten much quicker at creating a model in Makehuman, exporting/importing to Blender and posing. :)  This week, I was able to create initial clothing and re-pose each of the characters.  Some mistakes I made were part of the learning curve; others still have me scratching my head.  As someone once said, 'All movement is progress!'

Continue reading
  0 Comments
Oct
07
2015

Last Supper - Adding the Disciples - WIP - IOTM

I used MakeHuman to create Jesus and the disciples.  There was a small delay after installing MakeHuman, apparently due to a conflict with python libraries.  I found that if I ran MakeHuman with Administrator rights, I avoided whatever the problem was.  The learning curve was fairly steep but at the end I created a custom character, fully rigged and imported into blender in about 20 minutes.  Interestingly, with Blender set to imperial units, I needed to export the MakeHuman models with the units set to 'meters'.   Below is the current scene with bodies roughly positioned.  (CAUTION:  Partial Nudity - May not be appropriate for children under 53 years. ;) ).

Continue reading
  0 Comments